Our winery and organically grown vineyards are located in the very small village Casas del Rey, in UNESCO biosphere protected National Park Hoces del Cabriel in the hills of Valencia, Spain. Dutchman Derrick Neleman, inspired by the land, tastes and lifestyle of Mediterranean Spain, created Bodegas Neleman to offer a range of organic–vegan–carbon neutral wines that reflect a strong belief: wine is a heady celebration of creativity, art, nature, time, delicious taste, and ecologically-sound thinking.
We are seeking a full-time Head Winemaker on location (Casas del Rey – Venta del Moro – Valencia – Spain) to join our growing business and guide us to the top 10 quality wineries of Spain. We aim to make contemporary wines with respect for the craft of wine making and innovation. We aim to make the wine business more sustainable and hence make the world a better place.
Currently we export our wines to over 30 countries. We have 3 locations where we make our own wine in Valencia and we are expanding to France and Italy. We embrace local varieties and aim to make the best Bobal of Spain. We are a Dutch-Spanish co-operation and building the largest European wine community with over 3000 co-owners (shareholders) who support our mission: Good wine to save the world.
- Direct winemaking operations
- Being at the winery every day in Casas del Rey (Venta del Moro-Valencia, Spain)
- Handle, coordinate and organize people and labor in the vineyards
- Handle, coordinate and organize people and labor in the winery
- Propose innovations and coordinate with the actual technical staff
- 3+ years of experience producing wine on a commercial scale - Experience, passion, and commitment for producing quality organic wine with “light hand”/minimal intervention approach
- Speaking fluently Spanish and English
- Excellent people skills, team player
- Strong affinity with sustainability and organic viticulture
- Willing to work hard yourself in vineyard and winery
- Willing to travel and connect with our shareholders and customers
- A positive, team-focused hands on attitude with ability to work long days/weeks when needed with others and alone
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Working in a young of mind and enthusiastic international team.
- The satisfaction of doing more than making money: helping to make the wine industry more sustainable and the world a better place.
- The adventure and opportunity to contribute to an ambitious project to actually get to the next level, to be part of it and to be responsible for it.
- The opportunity for your good ideas to become reality.
Please send your confidential resume to: email@example.com